Joshua 1:9

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go. "

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Superman

The beat of drums in my chest have stopped beating
And the flowing river in my veins has clogged up
Where did my heart go?

The thought of making up and fixing up has stopped coming by
And the sounds of goodbyes, no more does it bring tears in my eyes
Where did my heart go?

The painful lies and deceits does not break my hopes nor bones no more
And the insane amount of tries and failures, no more does it keep me indoors
Where did my heart go?

And now that it has gone missing...
Does that make one an empty shell?

When a poet's life turned into a blank canvas where words cannot paint
And painter's colors of the world only write gibberish

Does that make one an empty shell?

When a police officer has realized that his world is perfect, with no crime at all
When the criminals stopped comitting crimes because they have it all

Does that make one an empty shell?

When a philosopher has found all the truth in the world,
And all questions were answered and no more room for anything to be solved

Does that make one an empty shell?

When a stargazer has moved in the city, only realizing that the smog covers the sky and brings no star at night
Or when a soldier enlisting in the army only realizing that peace has been brought and there's no one else to fight

Does that make one an empty shell?

How about losing your heart to one of the only people you took seriously, realizing that in the end, he or she will give up on you, crushing your heart into million pieces, shattered on the floor, stomped down into pieces of diamonds, so small that the naked eye cant see.*

Does that make one an empty shell?

How about when a sex addict or a whore has fucked everyone in the world and has lost the meaning of having sex, and getting borred at the fact of doing it over and over again.

Does that make one an empty shell?

When every word in a crossword puzzle has been found
And a musician have heard all of the world's sound

Does that make one an empty shell?

Because right now, I am cold and heartless
No more meaning, in acing a simple physics test
Or even trying to fix a broken vase
Not even living my days like it was my last

Does that make one an empty shell?



* Did not happen to me, I swear LOL Not the 'crushign your heart into a million pieces shattered on the floor, stomped down into pieces of diamons' part at least

No comments:

Post a Comment