Joshua 1:9

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go. "

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My Little Excuse.

What's my excuse this time?
Hmm.
Things has been bad.
She can't remember me.

I'd talk to her and she wouldn't hear me out.
Why don't you remember me?
I know, for the past month, that was all a miracle.
The doctors said that it was never supposed to happen.
They said it was basically impossible for that to ever happen anyway.

But you were there. You remembered me.. for a whole month.
You knew who I was. Knew my name, knew who we were.
And just like that, this disease took you away from me and the little time that we shared, now seems like forever to think of.

Why? Why does this have to happen to me?
I ask myself, why does this have to happen to me? What have I done wrong..?
The doctors are telling me to give up.
Just give up..

And I tell them otherwise, I can't.
I can't give up. I love her way too much.
And they reply with the most heart-breaking responses, but I knew that these were coming.
There just telling me the facts. Besides, they're scientists afterall, they know a lot about facts.
"It's not worth it, Mr. D. Yeah, maybe, she did come back, from an impossible state, but look, she's gone away. Are you willing to put up through this again?"

What's my excuse this time? I have none.
All I can think of was the pain that I feel. I should give up right? Even the doctors said so.
But if I did, then I'd be.

Stupid.

God should damn me if I were to let go.

"I've beaten her Alzheimer's. Yeah, I've seen the impossible happen and the impossible slip away from me once more. Just like any other day and every other day. But I can't let her go. I love her. I'll beat the disease over and over again . Every day, harder than ever. I will beat it. Where she is, is my home. I love her."

-- Because it's the only thing that I know.

And as I hold on to my rosary, I just pray.
God guide me today.

I guess, I'll be reading our story once again. "The Notebook"

No comments:

Post a Comment